CARIS is looking for a well-organised individual who is used to providing a high quality advice and advocacy service to join our team. Applicants must have significant experience of working with clients with complex needs and be regulated by OISC at level 1.
OUTREACH ADVICE WORKER
28 hour post (4 days per week)
NJC scale 24: £29,828 pro rata (includes OLW £1,923)
Purpose of the role: To provide wide-ranging general advice, support and advocacy to homeless families.
Applicants must have significant experience of working with clients with complex needs.
The ideal person will have:
- Excellent working knowledge of Housing law, Welfare Benefits, Asylum and Immigration and legislation relating to EEA Nationals.
- Excellent communication and representation skills
- Experience of managing contracts and quality standards
- Experience of monitoring and service development
- Ability to speak a community language is desirable
- OISC Level 1
You must be highly motivated and committed to providing a first class service and be able to organise your own workload to deliver advice and support to the highest standards.
For more information and to apply, please contact us for an application pack.
There is no set closing date for this post. Applications will be considered as they are submitted, until the post is filled. Candidates selected for interview will be contacted within two weeks of their application.
This post is subject to a DBS Check.
This post is funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Previous applicants need not apply.