CARIS stands for Christian Action and Response in Society. A non-proselytising organisation, CARIS Haringey is committed to expressing God’s love through social action. Our services are equally available to families of all faiths and none.
The objects of CARIS Haringey, as set out in the charity’s governing document, are:
“the promotion of such charitable purposes for the benefit of the community within the London Borough of Haringey as shall be an expression of Christian social concern”
To empower homeless families in Haringey to improve their welfare and enhance their quality of life.
- To reduce homelessness and improve housing conditions
- To improve the health and wellbeing of homeless families
- To improve policies and practices affecting homelessness
- To increase independence and access to mainstream services
- To influence social policy affecting homeless people